Thursday, April 18, 2019

Easter Basket Ideas

It's been a while since I've posted. Since that time, I decided to create a Facebook Page for Raising4Warriors in hopes to share some of the crazy daily life going on in my home, share blog posts and posts from mom mentors that I follow, as well as link up my blog. Since Easter is only a few days away, I thought I'd share some Easter Basket ideas that I do at home. We like to keep it simple and not go too crazy with Easter Baskets. We do not do the Easter Bunny in our home for those that are wondering. I typically try and keep the baskets similar between the boys because it just helps with less arguing about one brother getting one thing and another not. Just want to keep the peace if I can and since we don't go crazy with the baskets, it's easy to do. This year, though, I tried to find something unique for each child that they would enjoy. To be transparent, we budgeted $20/kid for Easter baskets. Some of that get shuffled around as the youngest isn't getting as much as the olders, but it all works out in the end so it appears everyone has the "same" amount of stuff. I probably used between $25-35 above the budgeted amount between my grocery store reward dollars and kohls rewards money to get some of the items to fill the baskets with as well which is nice. This is similar to what we do for Valentines Day Tubs of Love as well. I'll try and snap a pic of the finished baskets on Easter morning and post it here.

In our Easter Baskets you will find:

Candy - not much, but each child will get a candy that is their favorite. For my boys it would be Starbursts, Hershey's Milk and Cookies bar, Sour Worms, and Jelly Beans. I found 4 Ring pops for $1 so I'll add those in as well.

Money- each child has 1 plastic egg with their name on it and I will put in $1 for them in that which they think is awesome. As they get older, there may be less "toy" items and more money or a gift card.

Yellies - Brekan, our 2nd oldest, bought one of these with his birthday money a few weeks ago. It's quite funny actually and if you don't mind your kids yelling at a toy for a few minutes, it's quite comical. I got 3 for the other boys so we can have yellies going all around our house for a short period of time. Note that I didn't say all day, this will be limited for my sanity but I thought it was fun. I think they came out with Easter yellies for the season (little bunnes). But I thought the spiders were cute and Jehnsen (our youngest) walks around petting it saying "bu" (bug).

Mini Grass Grow kits - found these at our local grocery store and thought they were cute. The link shows the type I got, but I know I only paid around $1 for each little one, not what they are asking for on amazon (don't pay that much for one)

BeyBlade Micros - found these at Target for around $2 each and snagged 3 for the older boys, not sure if they'll work but they looked fun and the boys are in to BeyBlades right now.

Dragon Mystery Pack - We loved the new How To Train Your Dragon 3 movie that came out a few months ago. I found these mystery packs at Target for around $2 each for the boys. We have some of the toys, but the boys like little mystery packs of items and I knew this would be a good filler.

Easter Spot It - Found this at Target for Leyton because he is my Spot It Game Lover. Couldn't find the link for the Easter game on amazon so it may only be a Target exclusive thing, but any spot it game is wonderful in my opinion for ages 3 and up. We love Spot It! and probably have 5 different themed tins at our house from Dory, Planes, Shapes, Letters, Junior, and Camping.

If you follow my personal Facebook page you have seen the past few weeks how much my youngest, Jehnsen (almost 2) loves to draw and color. He recently found a sharpie and colored his neck, then he was coloring a picture of a penguin the other day while I was doing dishes and when he came up to me he was covered in Black/Blue WASHABLE (praise Jesus) market on his face...those colors are harder to wash off, but I did it with good 'ol soap and water. He's so adorable though it's hard to get upset. He will be getting Color Wonder Daniel Tiger paper in his Easter Basket this year. He loves to color and he LOVES Daniel Tiger so I think this is a win-win for him. No mess coloring clean up for me and coloring fun for him!


Mystery Hot Wheels packs - found these at Walmart. Again, my boys like all those little mystery pack type things, these were $1 each.

LED GUNS for Jehnsen - the boys love to play laser tag and this will allow their youngest brother to "play" with them. I found a 2 pack at Hobby Lobby.

Hatchimals - One of my boys thinks these are the coolest thing, so I found a few at our local grocery store buy 1 get one 50% off and got him 2 for $3 which I thought was a good deal. They came in single egg packs.

BOOKS: The two older boys will each be getting a book. Hidden Scrolls for the oldest, he has this last book in the series to read and Weird But True Animals for the 2nd oldest (they love to read me these in the car)

Zoom O - I found one at Walmart for $15 and then got another single one at Kohls with my Kohls Rewards. The 3 olders will get these. I'm thinking they'll be fun for outside on a not so windy day.

Daniel Tiger Magnets - A friend gave me this set at a Mom2Mom sale, I glued them to cardstock and then laminated and glued magnets on them for the fridge. I think Jehnsen will love these.

Bounceback Mini Sphere - Leyton (5 years old) saw one of these at the zoo the other day so I found one on Amazon and got it for him. This one is a lot larger than I was anticipating, I thought it was smaller, but it will still be fun for him I think.

Playing Cards - Our boys are really in to Michigan State after NCAA basketball season, I found this set of playing cards for our oldest so we can play war and do multiplication fact war with each other.

Hopefully this helps you with some ideas as you get ready to put together Easter Baskets in your home. What are some fun things you put in your childs Easter Basket? I'm always looking for new ideas for next year or to add to my stocking stuffers list for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment