Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Hand/Footprint Christmas Projects

It's almost Christmas! Eeeeek! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas. We've been having unseasonably warm weather this December here in Michigan and currently it is raining outside (with a chance of thunderstorms tonight) Doesn't look like I'll be getting my white Christmas....sigh.

Something that I have enjoyed doing for my mom and dad as well as my mother and father in-law each Christmas that we have had children is to create a hand/footprint craft for them.I try and pick something that they can use as part of their decorating for the holidays. It's been fun to see the projects grow from 1 child's hand prints to having to figure out how to use 3 kiddos prints for the craft. Thanks to pinterest I have gotten some lovely ideas. I'm not super crafty and my projects don't always turn out like the picture ideas I have gathered (in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if someone pinned mine on the 'pinterest fail' site), but that's okay. What matters is the love put in to each gift and how excited the grandparents are to get them each Christmas.

For each of my children's first Christmas I did a clear glass ball ornament and put their hand print on it and used puff paint to put their name and the year. 

Here are the projects that I have currently done:

2011 - 1 child hand/footprint reindeer


2012 - 2 children footprint "mistleTOES"

2013 - 2 children hand print wreath

2014 - 3 children Snowmen footprints

2015 3 children - Manger Scene footprint people and hand print animals (cow, donkey, camel)



No comments:

Post a Comment